Welcome to another episode of Rachael Academy. It has been a busy month of May for me personally and in business. So this latest episode comes just in time. Its all about self-care and feeling, looking and being healthy. I know for me one of the things that suffer as a busy entrepreneur and business owner is my health and I’m really trying to get it together here.
So on the Rachael Academy hot seat this week is Claudine Thornhill
Through her work as a Naturopathic Nutrionist and Wellness Coach, Claudine Thornhill helps people to feel beer, think beer and therefore be beer. What underpins and drives Claudine’s work is her fundamental belief that health and wellness is a key foundation for greatness. Claudine completed a three-year diploma at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London and is a fully insured practitioner. Her diet, wellness and lifestyle support focuses on balancing hormones to reduce the eﬀects of PMS, PCOS or Fibroids; Balancing blood sugar levels to restore vibrancy, manage sugar cravings and weight, and encouraging balance and alignment between work, rest and play by increasing self-awareness and encouraging self-care.
At the heart of Claudine’s work is inspiring people to take action to create lasting, positive change. As a Health & Wellbeing Coach on the NHS Healthier You National Diabetes Prevention Program, Claudine led 9-month long, community-based, health education workshops in the South London region. Claudine is also a Volunteer Speaker for Diabetes UK. In addition to this, Claudine works with private wellness coaching and nutritional therapy clients in her own practice, is an expert speaker on all things women’s health, stress, Diabetes and blood sugar balance related and runs events, workshops and online programs. Outside of her wellness work, Claudine has a professional background in Human Resources Management, loves yoga and travel and is a personal development junkie.
We like to ask all our guest 10 questions that we would like them to answer on our show, here are your 10.
1. Give us 3 words that best describes you Claudine and why?
2. Claudine thank you so much for taking out the me to be on our show. So many of us seem to have our own story, journey and difficulties when it comes to our health. Why do you feel so many of us struggle in this area?
3. In the UK alone over 62% of adults are classed as being overweight that is a 9% increase from 2014 which was 53%. My question to you is; Do you think the increase has been caused because society is overworked and over stressed?
4. Let’s say that you are a professional man or woman out there and you are wanting to start to live a healthier lifestyle. Give us 3 areas where we should start?
5. We’re all living in a busy society. One of the most talked about issues that stop a lot of people from keeping a healthy lifestyle is me. How can we make more me for a healthier lifestyle, any tips?
6. I love eating and cooking healthy dishes for my family. One thing I seem to struggle with is an over asses of water retention in my body. Are there any foods I should be staying away from? And what are the best fruits or food should I be eating to release water retention in my body?
7. Give us your top 3 healthy eating or healthy lifestyle books you would recommend for our listening audience? 8. What does a day in the life of a health coach look like? 9. Okay Claudine say that I’ve managed to lose some pounds and I’m wanting to keep the pounds oﬀ. Can you recommend two quick recipes I can make when I get home from work to help me stay in shape? 10. What does 2019 look like for you Claudine any new projects in the pipe line?
8. What does a day in the life of a health coach look like?
9. Okay Claudine say that I’ve managed to lose some pounds and I’m wanting to keep the pounds oﬀ. Can you recommend two quick recipes I can make when I get home from work to help me stay in shape?
10. What does 2019 look like for you Claudine any new projects in the pipe line?
Claudine’s Offer To Rachael Academy Our Readers
Health Coaching can be great for people who want to get back on track, whether it’s managing weight, making healthier choices, feeling more energized or managing emotional eating. Through my health & wellness coaching, I act as a support, mentor and accountability partner for people who are ready and committed to change.
Purchase a coaching program and receive the ﬁrst three sessions for the price of two. Online clients also get a special rate of £35 per coaching session when they purchase a coaching program. Coaching programs have a minimum of 6 sessions. ( More information )
Events I’ll be speaking about all things Women’s Health at the Island Girl’s Rock Wellness Day on 30 June and at the NaphtalyWorld Restore Your Health Workshop 27 July – check available now on Eventbrite . Details will be on my social media and website.