Welcome to another episode of The Secret Diaries Of An Entrepreneur. Thank you so much for taking our the time to join us another episode.
This week we wanted to explore the topic of self doubt and as we as entrepreneurs cope with it with our lives and business.
Nir Bashan is a world-renowned creativity expert. He has taught thousands of leaders and individuals around the globe how to harness the power of creativity to improve profitability, increase sales, and ultimately create more meaning in their work.
Nir has spent the last two decades working on a formula to codify creativity.
Nir is the hot seat with us this week share is thoughts and knowledge on the topic how to unlock your creativity in business and banish self-doubt for good.
Nir Bashan is a world-renowned creativity expert. He has taught thousands of leaders and individuals around the globe how to harness the power of creativity to improve profitability, increase sales, improve customer service and ultimately create more meaning in their work. Nir has spent the last two decades working on a formula to codify creativity.
That formula is found in The Creator Mindset, which has been translated into two languages. He was one of the youngest professors ever selected to teach graduate courses at the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena and also taught undergraduate courses at the University of California at Los Angeles.
He has worked on numerous albums, movies, and advertisements with famous actors and musicians ranging from Rod Stewart to Woody Harrelson. His work on creativity has won a Clio Award and was nominated for an Emmy.
Nir is the founder and CEO of The Creator Mindset LLC, a company that conducts workshops, consulting, coaching, and keynote speeches at conferences and corporate events. His clients include AT&T, Microsoft, Ace Hardware, NFL Network, EA Sports, Suzuki, Activision and jetBlue. Nir lives in Orlando, Florida, with his wife, young son, and two Bernedoodles named P-Paws and Waylon Jennings.
- Hi Nir It’s wonderful having you on the show. Can you tell us a little bit about what you do and what makes you tic?
- You cover and touch on a lot of topics and one of those topics is ‘Self-Doubt.’ Now self-doubt is a big subject to take on. Tell me Nir how can someone feel more comfortable in their own skin?
- Self-confidence is all about feeling good about ourselves at the core level, but this so difficult for so many people. What activities can we being doing to help us feel good about ourselves more?
- I’ve struggled with self-doubt in my early years in business and if I am honest with you, when I’m being pushed out of my comfort zone with a business project or something in my personal life I start to feel a little self-doubt creep in. What positive habits can we do to develop and improve our self-esteem at these times?
- Bad habits are so difficult to break and during my journey of personal development I’ve read so many books on the subject of the company we keep, play a huge part in our self-esteem and self-doubt development, would you agree? And How can we surround ourselves with people who encourage us?
- One thing I believe that has played an important part in my personal development journey is Positive affirmations. Firstly, do you believe a daily practice of positive affirmation can help towards improving our self-esteem? And if so could you give us 3 positive affirmations you practice that has had an impact on your life?
- Nir on your website I saw that you do some consulting with big brands on the subject of creativity. Why is creativity so important in business? And does a lack of self-esteem affect our ability to be creative?
- What led you this kind of work Nir? What was the defining moment in your life that allowed you to know that this was going to be your life’s work?
- I know that self-confidence is important and is one of the life lessons that I have gone on that has helped me in improving myself, my chances in life and my business. Nir Where does self-confidence come from?
- Do you have a confidence role model in your life? Someone who comes off as self-assured, but not arrogant or pushy? What about their qualities do you admire and why?
- Thank you so much Nir for being a guest on our show before you tell our listens where they can find out more about your amazing work, in closing tell us about a time when about a time when you took a seemingly small or a step which led to incremental changes and a boost in your confidence?
- Where can our audience find out more about the work you do and do you have any upcoming events you would like to share today with our listeners?