How You Can Avoid Joining the Failing Masses When It Comes To Your Startup
The thing about starting a business…any business…..is that there is no guarantee of
success under any circumstances. Even big international businesses can fail at new
business ventures. Failure is always an option but the possibility of success can be
You can optimize the possibility of success by:
1. Having a good solid business plan in place BEFORE you launch your online business. There is an old saying: “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail”. A detailed set of plans for success needs to be made. You need to have the steps from getting from point A to point B listed in great detail that include realistic cost estimates for accomplishing each step.
2. Expecting to work very hard to accomplish your goals. You must never expect anything to be easy. You will be right most of the time because things are rarely as easy as they look. Each step toward success requires work, time and patience. Sometimes things don’t work out right on the first try. You have to be willing to try again and again until you do succeed.
3. Not falling for ‘get-rich-quick schemes. The internet woods are full of those who prey upon those who are looking for quick and easy ways to become rich. Those ways do not exist. Get over thinking that there is an easy way. There is NOT. Remember those statistics! Ninety percent of all new internet businesses fail in the first 120 days. You don’t have to be part of that majority. You can become a part of that 10% minority of successful internet business enterprises.
Running a successful internet business can look so simple when you are on the outside looking in. You look at a successful internet entrepreneur and he or she doesn’t look like he is doing anything special but he is living the good life. It really doesn’t look like they are working all that hard. They seem to be enjoying life immensely.
Really…all he is doing is sitting comfortably in front of his own computer in his own
very comfortable home a few hours a day. He talks on the telephone and seems to
be enjoying every conversation.
Apparently, running a successful internet business is the proverbial ‘piece of cake’!
Right? WRONG!!! Wrong, wrong, wrong!
You are looking at the results of a very, very long and tedious process that consisted
of many very long, late-night hours and a lot of blood, sweat and tears over a period
of several years. This successful internet entrepreneur worked very, very hard for the
success that you are looking at. It is more than a little bit likely that he first placed
four corner stone’s first as he began the long process of building his successful
Those four corner stones upon which he built his success are:
1. The right mind set.
2. Recognizing and using leverage.
3. Building a set of useful contacts.
4. And he probably had a mentor.
We will discuss these four corner stones that must be laid down first so that a successful internet business can be constructed. All of them are important, even crucial to the success of any business but especially to the success of an internet based business. Constructing a successful business in cyber space has many things in common with the building of a successful brick and mortar business but there are significant differences as well.