Blogging has become a great tool that most businesses use to get the attention of more customers.
For the independent professional, blogs are an easy communication tool to enhance credibility and trust among customers. Besides that, blogs make it easy for other people to locate you on the Internet.
But then, 9 out of 10 blogs that are created have the tendency to be abandoned because they can take up a lot of time. And time is one thing that professionals do not have so much of. The result may not seem apparent in the beginning but it will be later on.
There are some keys to making your blog work best for you, instead of you working for it. Once you learned and incorporated these steps, it will only take you less than 20 minutes to post one entry.
But it is already advised that additional minutes should be spent on reviewing, reading and commenting on your blog and other blogs sites on the internet. This way, you get to keep your customers and gain potential ones.
TIP: You can download a collection of free AdSense themes for Blogger and WordPress blogs by clicking here
What are seven ways of setting up a successful blog?
1. Write important and unique contents. You can also narrate and share stories to highlight your knowledge and expertise. Never forget how telling your readers how you deal with clients. Let them know the value of what you are offering. And make it easy for them to contact you if they have questions to ask or if they want to avail your services.
2. Put up something new twice or thrice weekly. It does not to be very long articles. Short articles are fine as long as the essence and value is there.
3. Link to other useful resources available on the web. This is very important in order to build traffic expanding your target market. You can research online for topics you can post that is related to your site offering. If possible, write out comments on other blogs. Let them know that you are spending time reading about them so they know that you are always available.
4. Do not forget to submit to blog directories and do trackbacks. If you do not have any idea how to do this, get the help of someone that is an expert on that field. You can also read some blog tutorials available on some sites. Ebooks are also offering some tips and techniques on how to go about blogging.
TIP: The Blog And Ping Tutorial will show you how to get your blog indexed in the search engines fast.
5. Keep track of your visitors. Have a counter set up in your blog so you will see who has been reading your posts. This will also help you in figuring out the number of people that are coming in and coming back to your blog.
6. Make a list of all your products and services. Check if the landing pages are linked correctly. Nothing can turn off visitors quickly than having been linked to some site not in any way related to your blog. If you have a shopping cart, you can use your affiliate links and ad tracking features for easy access.
7. Remember to link to your own website and vice versa. It is better to have a different site dedicated to your blog than having one incorporated to your website. Having it separately increases your chances of getting more and varied types of visitors. Why do your advertising in one when you can do it in the ways.
8. Blogs should not be pure “sales talk”. Readers are a lot smarter nowadays. They can sense marketing from afar. If this happens, they will not be interested in continuing on because they do not want to be marketed on. They encounter those things everyday so spare them the suffering.
9. Be patient. Although there are some blogs that work right away, some takes time. Update, update and update but do not expect instant result to come pouring in. Just sit back and think of other techniques you can use to your blogs to make it more successful.
Blogging should not be set aside as something unimportant. It can be very useful for you once you know what you are doing.